October 9, 2020
October 8, 2020
October 7, 2020
On the frontlines of the fight against the Novel Coronavirus
Miyagi Prefecture deploys a health monitoring chatbot service to relieve a strained situation
“In 2020, the future arrived early for us. We realized we didn’t have two to three years to execute our strategy so we had to start ‘leapfrogging’ to stay ahead — in any situation.” Nik Puri, SVP for International IT, FedEx
Don’t miss FedEx’s Nik Puri speaking at Fujitsu’s ActivateNow digital event, 14-15 October
Read more on I-CIO.com
IT and business challenges
- Japanese clothing manufacturer Onward Holdings uses the production management platform to gather data on the production efficiency of each process and furthermore digitize customer information.
- Orion Corporation decided to rely on Microsoft Azure infrastructure which provides a scalable R&D platform for the exploration of real-world use cases.
- Libraries Northern Ireland are digitally transforming their services for the community through the use of RFID-tagging and Managed Security services.
- VMware vSAN based hyper-converged infrastructure built on PRIMERGY servers prevents Braunschweig Municipal Hospital from data center failures, thus safes patients’ lives.
- Migrating legacy applications to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure enables automotive supplier UGN to increase performance by 25 percent and improves stability up to a guaranteed maximum SLA.
- The Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore now uses Human Centric AI Zinrai to detect ship collision risks 10 to 15 minutes in advance.
- Enterprise Asset Management platform Nuvolo and ServiceNow provide seamless digital workflow at cleaning solutions specialist Nilfisk, being roll-out globally.